Improving the Accuracy and Speed of Emergency Response and Routine Field Inspections
UTILITIES USE ARCOS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT TO GET THE POWER ON FASTER AND SPEED UP ESTIMATED TIME OF RESTORATION (ETR)
When responding to an emergency outage event, gas, water, and electric utilities need to quickly identify the location and extent of infrastructure damage to determine and manage the resources required for repair and restoration. CAIDI, SAIDI, and customer satisfaction scores depend on it. Also, millions of dollars can be lost in time and materials by sending out repair crews with the wrong skillset, inventory, or equipment.
To help utilities arrive at a more accurate and faster ETR, reduce costs, and cut down on restoration time, ARCOS acquired software damage assessment leader SamSix and created ARCOS Damage Assessment. ARCOS Damage Assessment reduces the time it takes to calculate an ETR into hours instead of days. The solution guides users through the damage assessment process via a mobile app. As data is gathered, it is displayed on a map and reporting interface which is layered on a utility’s GIS system.
WHY ARCOS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT?
- Supports any mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Works online and offline
- Integrates with OMS and GIS
ARCOS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT BRINGS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS TO UTILITIES:
- Fast, accurate damage reports transmitted immediately to OMS and ARCOS management console
- Time to repair is reduced due to guided assessments and real-time reporting of materials needed
- Prioritization of repairs is simplified with an automatic calculation of customers affected per equipment failure as well as the crews and equipment needed by type of damage
- Accurate restoration status is made possible by visual position of field crews and estimated time of job completion
Download the ARCOS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT fact sheet to learn more.
ARCOS Mobile Inspection
Another way gas, water, and electric utilities can improve CAIDI, SAIDI, and customer satisfaction scores while reducing costs is through routine field inspections. The ARCOS Mobile Inspection App is a solution that ensures community safety and service reliability by aiding proactive inspections of a utility’s infrastructure. Continuous service is the goal and through a guided inspection process, field assessors can create an instant record of conditions and report on repairs that may be needed. Supervisors and managers can then easily assign any necessary repair work through the app’s dashboard.
WHY ARCOS MOBILE INSPECTION?
- Support any mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Works online and offline
- Integrates with WMS and GIS
ARCOS MOBILE INSPECTION APP UTILITY BENEFITS:
- Reduced field inspection cost – any device can be used (BYOD) for employees or contracted resources eliminating need for expensive specialized devices
- Field inspection in hours versus days keeps crews available for construction work, emergency service or other higher priority tasks
- Faster, more accurate inspections are enabled through the application’s guided assessment
- Online/offline allows inspections to continue without the need for connectivity to GIS or WMS systems
- Materials for repair are captured and sent automatically to WMS
- Easy prioritization for infrastructure repairs, including calculation of customers
affected by possible equipment issues in a particular geographic area
- Location services provides a quick view of an inspector’s location for both safety and monitoring job progress
Transition from reactive maintenance to a predictive maintenance plan. Download the ARCOS MOBILE INSPECTION fact sheet to learn more.
Learn more with these selected ARCOS Topics
RE Magazine New Product Showcase – The new ARCOS Mobile Inspection solution assesses infrastructure like substations or gas lines in hours instead of days. Repairs can be prioritized based on customers affected and inspection data collected.
Two reasons why water utilities should automate workflow – When a major storm impacts a region, the demand on that region’s water utility skyrockets. Pumps need monitoring, chemical doses need measuring, and urgent issues need swift resolution. ARCOS’ Mobile Inspection App uses location services to update GIS information in real time.
Tech is a necessity for efficiency and reliability – Wild fires running rampant! Over-compressed gas lines exploding! Increasing frequency of unplanned weather events! It’s no longer a case of keeping software and equipment on a budgetary back-burner, it’s time to accelerate adoption of a Mobile Inspection App. Put reporting, data collection and damage assessment in place before the next incident happens.