Columbus, Ohio – March 1, 2018
From March 4 – 7, 2018, in San Antonio, ARCOS® LLC will host nearly 200 attendees from North American utilities at the 15th-annual ARCOS Conference where industry speakers will present what they have learned about improving reliability, boosting emergency response and reducing restoration time. Rudy Garza, senior vice president of Distribution Services & Operations for CPS Energy, the nation’s largest municipally owned energy utility, will deliver the keynote.
This year’s agenda includes roundtables and scenario-based training with experts in emergency preparedness, operations and ICS management from gas, electric, power generation and water utilities including American Electric Power, NiSource, Southern Company and industry groups such as the Edison Electric Institute. Presenters will show how they’re able to quickly respond, restore service and report on outcomes daily and during major events using cutting-edge tools for assessing damage and automatically organizing and deploying resources and crews.
ARCOS and its utility partners will lead more than 30 sessions that include:
- shaving restoration time with mobile damage assessment;
- automatically identifying and keeping tabs on external resources;
- working efficiently with contractors to speed up response and gain situational awareness;
- developing winning strategies for keeping the public, politicians and regulators informed during and after major events; and
- case studies on responding to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, the Northeast October wind storm, California wildfires and the Boston Marathon Bombing.
“Each year our conference has gotten bigger and better; this, our 15th year, is another record-breaker for attendance and the number of new products we’ll spotlight,” said Bruce Duff, chief executive of ARCOS. “Last year saw events like Hurricanes Irma and Harvey batter service territories, but we also saw utilities respond in unprecedented ways with technology ARCOS developed for automating damage assessment and resource management. This will be front and center as we collaborate to improve safety and service at ARCOS 2018.”
The ARCOS pre-conference on Sunday, March 4 will include ARCOS Learning Labs and support sessions for getting the most out of ARCOS’s solutions. See the conference agenda and more information here.