When it comes to the things that motivate your employees, the payroll portion tends to be the most sensitive. When there are manual errors in time tracking, timesheets and even historical reporting – that means there could be errors in your employee paychecks. If you have a unionized business, this can cost you thousands in grievances while human resources has to dig through historical timesheets, often manually researching each grievance. If you’re using manual paper timesheets, excel spreadsheet, or some other antiquated manual system is the norm for your operation, it may be time to take a deeper look at your reporting and how you can work more efficiently.
Automation is out there, and it’s been proven to have a positive impact on your critical infrastructure peers. Real–time data allows for full visibility of all of your companies’ assets from vehicles to equipment, personnel to tools.
By utilizing this near instantaneous sharing of information and automation of manual processes, you can:
- Ensure business rules, union contracts, and company policies are followed without error in a consistent and fair approach
- Cut administration costs and enable employee self-service; greatly improve employee morale, which can reduce turnover
- Dramatically reduce errors in payroll associated with overtime and shift swapping
- Free up managers and supervisors so they can focus on leading their employees, not handling administrative tasks
- Helps create a better relationship between company and union, as there are accurate reports always
- Reduce dead-time for the employees that are driving to meet a crew at a workplace and waiting for other workers or equipment to arrive
And once you have all the real-time and historical data – you can make more informed information about your staffing and shift management. This will allow you to make informed decisions about where your staff needs to be and when, how many need to be there to finish the work that is assigned, and how to save money in other aspects of the business. By having historical reporting, you also have all employee interactions with the system recorded, which can help in a situation where a timecard is being questioned in an “our word against yours” situation with a vendor, auditor, or employee.
The bottom line here is that there is progress to be made and ways for your operations to run more smoothly and more efficiently. Partners like ARCOS, who have over 25 years of experience in the critical infrastructure space can help you realize your dreams of more efficient operations. With the ARCOS platform, all that was mentioned above will be like second nature and your shift management woes will be a thing of the past.