Pre-Plan. Restore Power Faster. Improve Cost Recovery.
INSTANTLY KNOW WHEN AND WHERE CREWS ARE AVAILABLE TO WORK
ARCOS Crew Manager® helps utilities to quickly identify which crews, vehicles and equipment are available for work and improves the ability to assign, manage and track these resources. Whether it’s day-to-day or during an all-hazards event, the ability to get crews and mutual assistance groups on site sooner leads to faster-restored service and happy customers. By centralizing resources, ARCOS provides a crew management system with real-time views into which utility crews are where, who is available to work, where resources are located and how much money is being spent.
Utilities and critical infrastructure industries invest large amounts of money and time into work planning and scheduling. These critical resource management systems provide essential data to field service personnel for assigning crews to complete jobs. However, crew availability can rapidly change overnight and throw resources out of sync. ARCOS removes this issue by:
- Using Crew Manager’s powerful API to access current data from other work and outage management systems. This allows managers to drop and drag and assign crews and resources based on real-time current availability
- Eliminating complicated Excel spreadsheets, indecipherable whiteboards and time-wasting phone calls that only confuse and muddy the daily and overnight changes in resources
- Significantly reducing the time it takes to assemble crews which increases daily crew productivity and puts an end to unnecessary overtime
Organizations and companies are at risk to lose millions of dollars in cost recovery cases due to lengthy service disruptions during large storms resulting from use of manual tools and inefficient processes to manage labor resources. Detailed reporting allows you to easily verify actual work performed to invoices received – easing invoice reconciliation while saving time and money.
CREW MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE FEATURES
From crew scheduling to crew tracking, software solutions from ARCOS are designed to help you recognize greater operational efficiency, enable collaboration, and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Simple: Our software is simple to use and easy to understand. There’s no complicated spreadsheets to populate or cluttered dashboards to navigate, just quality software designed with you in mind.
- Straight forward: Everything you need to assemble and track your crews in one place with minimal training required to use. All the features you need and nothing that you don’t.
- Scalable: Our crew management solutions scale with your operations. Adding a new crew – even multiple new crews? Assigning bigger crews to bigger jobs? No matter the size or scope of your challenges, we’ll help you manage it all with ease.
- Comprehensive: Centralize all your management resources in one comprehensive ecosystem. Our software’s API can access data from other management systems to provide the most accurate insights, so you can determine availability, assemble crews, track hours, ensure crew access to company flight information, and record necessary information all in one place. Whether you want automatic crew assignment or prefer to take matters into your hands with manual crew assignment, we can help.
- Intelligent: Real-time crew tracking and availability, streamlined reporting, and workflow automation are just a few of the features you can utilize to make smart management decisions with our software.
- Independent: Accumulate and record all relevant management data in one convenient database so internet outages never interrupt your work.
- Satisfying: Increase productivity, adapt to crew preferences, reduce ground training time, and achieve virtually any other performance metrics valuable to your management efforts. Self-service applications enable users to take control of managerial processes that once required a human representative.
“When a utility has to pair or build crews, there’s another layer of complexity involved. Being able to simulate different staffing scenarios and react in real-time to complex, changing conditions improves the efficiency of the crew management process by an order of magnitude.”
Cheryl Maletich | Vice President of Distribution System Operations | ComEd
SIGNIFICANCE OF CHOOSING THE RIGHT CREW MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
As the pace of technology, commerce, and communication increase, it’s more important than ever to have agile, powerful management software at your disposal. Managing crews with traditional methods can be inefficient and difficult to track. However, with the right software, you can optimize workflows while minimizing manual tasks to deliver operational excellence for every crew.
Choosing the right management software can make a significant difference in the performance of your crews and of the organization as a whole. When considering crew management software, it’s a good idea to evaluate your current situation and determine what needs to be improved.
For example, are you having difficulty tracking the availability of your crew members? Is crew planning becoming a challenge? ARCOS offers real-time insights located in one tightly integrated ecosystem so that you can see who is available and which crews are working on particular jobs, so crew schedulers can coordinate your crews with minimal friction.
And beyond the immediate benefits to your operations, choosing the right software is important in giving your organization an edge over the competition. You can bolster your brand reputation by quickly putting together emergency crews to respond to urgent situations when your competitors can’t.
There are also benefits for crew personnel. If your crew has been exposed to hazardous pathogens or contaminated materials on the job, you can mitigate crew exposure and book a crew hotel. Improve safety and job satisfaction by scheduling necessary rest and recovery for your crews with the click of a button. Save time and assemble crews easily without the need to individually call each crew member for availability.
When you use crew management solutions from ARCOS, you can be sure that you’ve made the right choice.
THE SOLUTION TO THE HEADACHE OF CREW SCHEDULING
IMPROVE RESPONSE TIME
- Identify and manage crew operations anywhere, anytime even if facilities are compromised
- Reduce crew training and retraining – simplify crew management with the ability to manage blue sky and daily operations crews while also being able to receive, manage and deploy both internal and mutual assist crews in one application
- Other faster and more accurate ETRs/ERTs – provides an instant snapshot of resources available with import of mutual assist crews
- Centralize utility crew management – improve response time by allowing all crew resources to be put in emergency or storm mode
- Allow for faster configuration and deployment of crews by utility-defined locations, staging areas and service centers via dashboard
- Allow for seamless transition from day to day operations to emergency situations and increase crew planning time.
ACHIEVE REAL-TIME SITUATIONAL AWARENESS
- Manage and record key operational information – update and track crew status, vehicle assignment and reporting supervisor using touch-screen interface
- Improve crew productivity – update crew status in real-time through a centralized or distributed emergency management structure
- Improve safety by tracking crew hours – allowing for better managed rest times for crews
- Mobilize faster – easily leverage “blue-sky” and daily operation crews during transition to emergency or storm mode
- Simplify management of crew schedules – track daily work and automate the transfer and release of crews
REPORT QUICKLY AND EASILY
- Increase cost recovery – to help save millions through improved transparency and detailed reporting
- High confidence data – to help improve accuracy with event playback for before, during and after restoration – for management, media and regulators
- Invoice verification – to help track crew work time for improved post-restoration invoice reconciliation and support for cost recovery
- Operational insight – to help provide real-time reports of current and forecasted crew coverage
- Productivity management – to help provide a snapshot in time of crew resources actual against plan for planning improvements
- What is a crew management system?
- A crew management system is designed to assemble crews while tracking and analyzing their perfomance. These systems can also achieve more traditional management functions like determining crew schedule, managing invoices, and identifying available personnel.
- Why is crew management important?
- Crew management is important because it creates a more stable, satisfied workforce that performs with greater productivity. Properly managing a crew can help to build a sense of community among crew members while delivering more desirable outcomes for organizations.
- What are the 6 CRM skills?
- Six crew management solutions for crew resource management (CRM) are situational awareness, decision making, task allocation, communication skills, and teamwork. When put together, these skills can help to produce more efficient workflows and improve outcomes.