ARCOS Electric & Utility Damage Assessment Software allows you to Assess Damage within Hours While Improving ETR Forecasts and Minimizing Downtime
UTILITIES USE ARCOS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT
APP TO GET THE POWER ON FASTER
ARCOS acquired SAMsix, a leader in electric utility damage assessment software, to help utilities more quickly arrive at an Estimated Time of Restoration (ETR), reduce costs and restoration times, and increase overall safety of field personnel and customers following natural disasters and other emergencies.
“Assess damage in hours vs. days, while improving Estimated Time of Restoration (ETR) forecasts.”
WHY ARCOS INCIDENT DAMAGE ASSESSMENT & RESTORATION SOLUTIONS?
- Supports any mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Works online and offline
- Integrates with OMS and GIS
- Systematic Collection of Damage Evidence
- Gather all the data needed for accurate damage reports with our damage assessment app.
- Streamline Recovery & Reconstruction Grant Submissions
- Provide precise photo and location data to support Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) grant applications in accordance with FEMA damage designations.
- Help Communities Return to Normal – Fast
- Give your community the help they need to recover from natural disasters quickly with an app designed specifically for incident recovery.
ARCOS ELECTRIC & UTILITIES DAMAGE ASSESSMENT SOFTWARE:
- Fast, accurate data for damage reports transmitted immediately to OMS and ARCOS management console
- Time to repair is reduced due to guided assessments and real-time reporting of materials needed
- Prioritization of repairs is simplified with an automatic calculation of customers affected per equipment failure as well as the crews and equipment needed by type of damage
- Accurate restoration status is made possible by visual position of field crews and estimated time of job completion
The benefits of the solution are made possible via a mobile application that guides users through the damage assessment process. As data is gathered it is displayed on a map and reporting interface which is layered on a utility’s GIS system.
ARCOS MOBILE INSPECTION APP
ARCOS Mobile Inspection saves time on routine field inspections by providing a guided assessment and real-time communications on equipment needed for repairs. With data provided by an automated inspection process, utilities are able to transition from reactive maintenance to a predictive maintenance approach.
THE BENEFITS OF ARCOS MOBILE INSPECTION APP INCLUDE:
- Reduced field inspection cost – any device can be used (BYOD) for employees or contracted resources eliminating need for expensive specialized devices
- Field inspection in hours versus days keeps crews available for construction work, emergency service or other higher priority tasks
- Faster, more accurate inspections are enabled through the application’s guided assessment
- Online/offline allows inspections to continue without the need for connectivity to GIS or WMS systems
- Materials for repair are captured and sent automatically to WMS
- Easy prioritization for infrastructure repairs, including calculation of customers
affected by possible equipment issues in a particular geographic area
- Location services provides a quick view of an inspector’s location for both safety and monitoring job progress
ARCOS sMART helps to expedite the restoration and recovery process with mobile crew location and logistics for external crews. This app enables utilities to more easily manage contractors and mutual assist responders via a visual location map. Responders simply download the sMART app to their own mobile device and receive directions to staging areas and information on lodging, meals, and re-fueling.
THE BENEFITS OF ARCOS SMART INCLUDE:
- Provides real-time and ongoing crew location data on a map for easy reporting to local constituents
- Brings efficiency to assigning crews to critical restoration sites
- Significantly lowers cost of restoration by reducing paid wait time incurred while crews wait for work
- Allows for fast re-assignment of resources when necessary
- Offers a back office dashboard allowing managers to easily track progress of crews
- Allows for instant alerts as needed as priorities change during an event
- Adds a layer of safety by providing a visual location data for crews
- What is a damage assessment plan?
- A damage assessment plan is a set of procedures and tools designed to support disaster relief efforts with relevant data.
- Why is damage assessment necessary?
- Damage assessment is necessary to provide people affected by disasters with the supplies and services they need.
- How do you assess damage?
- Damage assessment is done by examining the effects of a crisis incident and determining the degree of loss and harm experienced by the community including damage to buildings, infrastructure, and essential resources.