Learn How Electric Utilities Assess Damage in Hours While Improving ETR Forecasts
UTILITIES USE ARCOS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT TO GET THE POWER ON FASTER
ARCOS acquired SAMsix, a leader in damage assessment technology, to help utilities more quickly arrive at an Estimated Time of Restoration (ETR), reduce costs and restoration time, and increase safety of field personnel and customers.
“Assess damage in hours vs. days, while improving Estimated Time of Restoration (ETR) forecasts.”
WHY ARCOS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT?
- Supports any mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Works online and offline
- Integrates with OMS and GIS
ARCOS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT BRINGS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS TO UTILITIES:
- Fast, accurate damage reports transmitted immediately to OMS and ARCOS management console
- Time to repair is reduced due to guided assessments and real-time reporting of materials needed
- Prioritization of repairs is simplified with an automatic calculation of customers affected per equipment failure as well as the crews and equipment needed by type of damage
- Accurate restoration status is made possible by visual position of field crews and estimated time of job completion
The benefits of the solution are made possible via a mobile application that guides users through the damage assessment process. As data is gathered it is displayed on a map and reporting interface which is layered on a utility’s GIS system.
ARCOS MOBILE INSPECTION
ARCOS Mobile Inspection saves time on routine field inspections by providing a guided assessment and real-time communications on equipment needed for repairs. With an automated inspection process, utilities are able to transition from a reactive maintenance to a predictive maintenance approach.
THE BENEFITS OF ARCOS MOBILE INSPECTION INCLUDE:
- Reduced field inspection cost – any device can be used (BYOD) for employees or contracted resources eliminating need for expensive specialized devices
- Field inspection in hours versus days keeps crews available for construction work, emergency service or other higher priority tasks
- Faster, more accurate inspections are enabled through the application’s guided assessment
- Online/offline allows inspections to continue without the need for connectivity to GIS or WMS systems
- Materials for repair are captured and sent automatically to WMS
- Easy prioritization for infrastructure repairs, including calculation of customers
affected by possible equipment issues in a particular geographic area
- Location services provides a quick view of an inspector’s location for both safety and monitoring job progress
ARCOS sMART helps to expedite restoration with mobile crew location and logistics for external crews. This application enables utilities to more easily manage contractors and mutual assist responders via a visual location map. Responders simply download the sMART application to their own mobile device and receive directions to staging areas and information on lodging, meals and re-fueling.
THE BENEFITS OF ARCOS SMART INCLUDE:
- Provides real-time and ongoing crew location on a map for easy reporting to local constituents
- Brings efficiency to assigning crews to critical restoration sites
- Significantly lowers cost of restoration by reducing paid wait time incurred while crews wait for work
- Allows for fast re-assignment of resources when necessary
- Offers a back office dashboard allowing managers to easily track progress of crews
- Allows for instant alerts as needed as priorities change during an event
- Adds a layer of safety by providing a visual location of crews