CTT keeps communities safer by helping utilities identify the closest responders during an emergency. Learn How.
EMERGENCY CREW CALL OUTS DESIGNED TO REDUCE RESPONSE TIME
For utilities, arriving at the scene of an emergency event in 10 minutes instead of 30 minutes could mean the difference between a routine operation and an escalating crisis. That’s why we developed Closest to the Trouble (CTT) to supplement ARCOS Callout. With CTT, you can quickly identify the closest qualified resource with the right equipment and dispatch them to the scene faster. Learn more about how one utility improved gas odor and gas leak response time by four to six minutes.
Utilities and power plants strive to reduce response time in critical situations, improve their metrics and meet or exceed regulator guidelines. This can be challenging when keeping track of responders manually on a map. Keeping track of which personnel have trucks at home adds another level of complexity to the situation. ARCOS CTT automates this emergency resource management process, ensuring the responder closest to the trouble, with the right skill set and equipment, is dispatched first.
“ARCOS is helping our employees respond to emergencies more quickly to ensure customer and public safety by providing timely repairs and restoration of service.”
Jeff Potter | Distribution Dispatch Engineer | Avista Utilities
ARCOS CTT can shave valuable minutes off your utility’s emergency response time during events such as:
- Gas Utilities: Gas leaks, fires from gas leaks, fires in manholes
- Electrical Utilities: Live wire situations, poles trapping people in vehicles, fires in manholes, pole fires, fires in substations
- Power Plants: Emergency repair to get plants back online, personnel accidents, security incidents at plant, threatening protesters and drill response
FEATURES OF CTT
By adding Closest to the Trouble to your ARCOS Callout Suite, you can leverage several time-saving, advanced features for fast identification of the resource closest to your emergency situation. These features include:
- Google Maps integration: Utilize user-friendly maps and satellite imagery for a quick visual of the trouble area
- Distance Options: Calculate distance by drive time (for high traffic areas), drive distance (for areas separated by lakes and rivers), and raw distance (for widespread areas)
- Dynamic Reordering: Change sequence of responding parties – for situations when one employee might be closer, but perhaps not qualified for emergency
- Dynamic Trouble Spot Targeting: Change trouble location on map – when a first responder determines trouble is actually at a different location than first spotted
Schedule a demo of ARCOS today to learn more about how your utility can reduce risk by improving response time!