Incident Manager: Plan Before The Event, Automate Activation and Manage Incident Command and Emergency Operation Systems Communications for Maximum Efficiency.
Effective Incident Management Software For Emergency Operations, Incident Command Systems and Event Teams
Change lives with our platform. Respond Faster with automation.
Emergencies happen. Storms, floods, wildfires, security breaches, active shooters – lives can be at stake and your mission is to respond as quickly as possible. Whether you activate your own emergency response plan or use FEMA’s Incident Command Structure, manually activating resources, exchanging information, emailing documents and reports takes up precious time when time is at stake. ARCOS incident management software can help with an organized solution to assist business and regular operations, and incident response.
Incident Manager solves this issue by automating the planning, staffing and scaling of the resources required to implement your emergency or event plan, routing the required information or communications to your incident command system (ICS) and service management teams.
Incident Manager can be used for COVID-19 and Storm Response!
Incident Manager features include:
- Quickly send a message from any role to a set of recipients by Text Message, Email, or a text to speech phone call.
- Manually add definable log events that are perfect for recording when power was restored, decision points, notifications of situational changes, problems encountered, or any other trackable relevant information. Log events are easily filterable and searchable for quickly finding specific log events for regulators.
- Detailed Reports, like Storm Role, Two Day Coverage Report, Detailed Coverage Report, Incident Working, and Incident Activation Callout Report – which give full situational awareness into who was called and who responded.
- More Notification Options – Activation by your choice of phone call, email, two-way text message, or any combination of the three for mobilizing your ICS team during an incident. Configure notification preferences unique to each created Response Group.
- Unique employee view of their own schedule when they are on call for Incident Manager. Employees can plan their personal schedule in advance without conflicting with their duty status
- Employee Role Qualifications. Automatically define which employees are qualified to fill a role by setting the extended attribute on the Employee record – which is automatically updated when changed through an HR feed with the API.
Mobilize and manage incidents in minutes, not hours. Respond to events faster with Incident Manager.
The Benefits of Incident Management Software Include:
IMPROVED PLANNING AND PREPARATION
- No more paper or notebooks – everything you and your emergency teams need in one system
- Create your own scalable templates for your entire organization, and for a variety of incidents using an ICS structure that works for you
- Activation Phases – define how your organization will scale UP
- Deactivation Phase – Define how your organization will scale DOWN
FASTER, MOBILIZATION AND MANAGEMENT OF EMERGENCY EVENTS
- Rapidly staff an event using automated callout of eligible employees
- Enable employees to accept a role from a mobile phone or via the telephone
- Spin up your emergency teams in minutes vs hours
- View real-time acceptance of roles and associated organization charts from the web
- Build organization charts that make sense for you and the way you manage ICS
- Start with your own templates and modify on-the-fly as needed with advanced incident management tools
- Automated document routing via Templates and Phases – By Role, Distribution List or Event
- Document repository – Ability to upload, view or manage a document version history
- SIREN & Mass Calling – Route notifications directly to ARCOS users and non-users alike
- Event Location Check-In – Know where personnel and resources are
- Interactive Dashboards – A variety of instant insights into one incident or multiple incidents
LEVERAGES EXISTING TECHNOLOGY INVESTMENTS
- Seamlessly integrate with current systems, such as: OMS, HRMS, document management, and other emergency management applications.
How Does it Work?
ARCOS Incident Manager relies on its built-in real-time coverage plans. Just like a Callout is executed for linemen, the system knows which employees can play which roles as well as who has the right skills for the job and places callouts to automatically fill the roles needed. As the roles are accepted via phone, text, email, mobile app or directly in the system, Incident Manager completes the org chart for your coverage plan so everyone has access until the decommissioning of the event.
Everything At Your Fingertips
Pre-configured incident or storm scenario templates contain the exact instructions and documents each member needs so they can begin executing quickly. As members gather information, powerful document routing capabilities ensure that the right information gets to the right people at the right time reducing manual processes such as phone calls, emails and management of multiple documents. Check-In/Check-Out capabilities allow instant insight into what work is currently being done or has been completed.
ARCOS Incident Manager records all historical records, documents, and activities during the incident providing powerful reporting for post-event review and drills. Unplanned interruptions happen, so it is important to resolve incidents with thought-out incident management processes. Service requests for major incidents allow for effective incident reports.
Powerful API for Communication
ARCOS’ advanced API enables utilities to connect to OMS, WMS, HRMS and Learning Management applications to provide the information you need to secure the right resources and connect to your existing document management system. Fully integrated with the other ARCOS Resource Management solutions utilities can utilize one familiar system for blue sky or emergency incidents, which allows for reduced training and increased optimal resource utilization.
Suggested further reading and viewing:
- Learn how to streamline incident and emergency management with our “Automating the Foundations of Incident Management Video Series”.
- The climate is changing and with it, the weather patterns we’ve come to expect. Find out how important Incident Management has become with our “Climate Change and Weird Weather: A Call for Emergency and Incident Management” blog.
- Who would have thought Texas would have a winter weather emergency? That was just one incident in a long line of occurrences that demonstrate why Incident Management is needed.
- Western Energy Institute published a guest column by our own, Jim Nowak, about the importance of the incident command system and automating the management of ICS. What’s needed to manage an Incident Response Team? Find out here.
- Check out FEMA’s guide to the principles, role, and five major components of the Incident Command System.
- Get more details about ARCOS Incident Manager by downloading the spec sheet here.